Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So grateful...

It's always humbling to just sit for a few and take in the world around you. I just woke up not too long ago (yes it's 10:42, so what?!) and am sitting on my couch, still in my pjs. As I was perusing my facebook updates, I realized there is a lot of struggle going on, but a lot of beauty as well. A friend and her family are going through an incredibly difficult situation right now (I love you Beth and Pritts family!!!) and it got me thinking about what I should be grateful for in my life.

I finally have my health, I have a wonderful, patient, kind husband, 2 great dogs, a home that is not just a house, great family and friends, and the security of knowing I have employment. In this tough time for our country, it seems as though people are banding together and will not let this defeat them (I actually saw an ice cream flavor yesterday called "Recession Proof Red, White and Blue...very clever.) I am so blessed with people in my life that make every day worth living! Just yesterday I had lunch with two great friends from work, and tried out a new Rachael Ray recipe on two more great friends for dinner. I also laid around and watched TV with my hubby and 2 dogs, and ate sherbert! How blessed am I?

As I was watering the lawn and putting up Old Glory for the day, I stopped to admire her simplicity and beauty and what she stands for. Just this past few weeks I have reconnected with many people from my life and was thrilled to discover they served our country in one of the branches of the military. To them I just want to say thank you for fighting for our country, our beliefs and the freedom to have blogs and share our random, yet heartfelt, thoughts with anyone who takes the time to read them.

Have a happy day!

3 comments:

  1. Tears in my eyes....we ALL have so much to be thankful for every single day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, you are a great gal! We need more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. This made me smile today. I think we all need to sit and be thankful more often. ;)

    ReplyDelete