Friday, June 19, 2009

Working at the carwash...

This is what my car should look like!!! :)


So today I decided to take our new car to the carwash. This was an adventure in itself...
We have a nice new car wash not too far from home- it's one of those "do it yourselfers" which I thought couldn't be too hard considering I do have a brain...there were several problems with this however!
1. The new car is significantly larger than any car we've previously owned. Trying to reach all of it proved to be a trying task.
2. I had limited cash and coin supply- I had to plan a strategy to best use my time I could afford.
3. Why the heck are there so many options? What happened to soap and rinse? I was terribly confused- bug soak, conditioner, brush, pre rinse before the rinse, sealer, shiner, purified rinse....the list goes on and on!!!
4. The pressure of a clock! Once I got on a setting I think was right, the time started to quickly dissapate. I was running around inside the car wash bay quickly trying to get the car clean, realizing I was running out of time! I had to scramble inside my purse trying to find any more money (which by the way when it was all said and done this turned out to be one costly carwash!)
5. Too many hoses/brushes/guns to choose from...ok there were only 3 but depending on the setting you were on would determine which device to use. And they were all spread out which is just one way they make you waste your time in there! I kept tangling the hoses up and ended up spraying myself several times.
However one benefit was that the soap, waxes and whatnot were all rainbow colored foam (my car at one point looked like that new Baskin Robbins commericial where the kids all throw paintballs at the icecream truck) and it smelled like cotton candy! That was delightful.
OK I know you're probably wondering why you've wasted your time reading about a carwash gone bad. The really sucky part was that the car doesn't even seem that clean!!! I tried, I really did, but only if I had a few more quarters...
Which brings me to my final point: I finally have the car of my dreams (really...ask my friends!) and I wasted a good 30 minutes and $10.00 washing it, when really shouldn't be out adventuring in it? I have the quintessential Colorado lifestyle- why doesn't my car reflect that? With that being said, my goal is to forgo washing my car, and instead opt for the mud covered look...
So now I guess I need to take her off road- anyone wanna come? :)

1 comment: